Sunday, February 12, 2006

Alysia Gets Broken Up With (a 3-part series)

Long time member, first time poster here. I was brought on pretty close to the beginning but thought that it was only going to be music reviews. I'm only a music director of a college radio station, what the hell do I know about music? A few days ago, however, I was told I could post anything I wanted, and so, just in time for valentine's day, you get the "Alysia Gets Broken Up With" series.

Recently, one of the promotional companies I work with for KSCL had a contest where you were asked to submit your worst break-up stories, be it you breaking up with someone else or them breaking up with you. Now, with my history, I've totally got this won, and I will update you all when the results come in, but I thought I'd share my pain with you. It's four stories, but about three different people, so it will be a daily installment starting today and leading up until V-day itself. Today is the first part, but it's short since I had to write the introduction.

This first one happened in 8th grade. I was dating a boy named Andrew that I had been madly in love with for a while. It was a decent relationship, nothing special or terrible, but at the end of the three months, to the day, he handed me a letter at school. I thought it was an anniversary letter or something because I was terribly naive, but he told me not to read it until I got home. When I got home I opened the letter, and it was a breakup in written form. Now, misleading me about the letter wasn't the big problem. The big problem was the fact that he had spelled my name wrong throughout the entire letter. So just to make sure you understand, he dated me for three months, and couldn't spell my name. Not so bad, you say? Well, I'd tend to agree with you because of the other stories that are to come. In 8th grade, of course, it crushed me, especially when I found out that he had apparently dated me on a bet he had made with my best friend, and had been making out with another friend of mine for the entire time.

I hope you enjoyed the first installment of "Alysia Gets Broken Up With", and come back tomorrow for the second part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home