Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Alysia Gets Broken Up With Final Part

It doesn't seem as though you guys are digging this much, but I figure I have to finish the series, so read, enjoy my humiliation!

My favorite band at the time, Death Cab, was doing a show in New Orleans. Two of my friends, Curt and Sara, wanted to go, and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to see Matthew (then boyfriend that lived in Laplace) again as well as see my favorite band. I was amazingly excited, and we left school to drive down there.

We drove to Baton Rouge, about an hour out of New Orleans, as that's where Curt and Sara were staying. Matthew picked me up there, and we drove to his house. That night we were, uhm, how shall I say, being intimate? When all of a sudden I noticed that he wasn't really even paying attention anymore. I asked him what was going on, and he actually just GOT UP and LEFT THE ROOM. He didn't say anything to me, he just got up and left. I waited in the room for a while thinking he'd come back, but no, he was upstairs on AIM. Yes, people, I hope this doesn't speak badly of me and my abilities, but while having sex with me, the guy got up, left, and got on AIM. The next night, about 20 minutes before leaving for the show, he broke up with me

Later on, we drove down to the show without saying a word to each other. We get there finally, get in line, and the guy says he needs our IDs even though it's an all-ages show. I didn't have mine with me, so Matthew and I had to walk back the 10 minutes to his car to get it. We come back and get back in line, just to hear that the price is higher than what had been advertised. Now, this normally wouldn't be a problem, but he had told me I didn't need to bring too much money with me. I brought enough to cover most of my expenses just in case, but it turned out that he had been planning on breaking up with me the whole time, and so he didn't pay for anything, and I only had enough money to get in at the advertised price. He volunteered to give me his entrance fee, give me my bags, and leave me at the show, but I didn't want to get into the show and not be able to find my friends that had to bring me home, so I declined. We ended up going to a terrible improv comedy theater where he had a blast and I sat there.

So, the improv ends and we go back to the venue to wait for my friends to show up. Now, I still didn't have the money to get in, so this meant that I had to sit outside the venue listening to my favorite band play music about bring broken up with (this was Transatlanticism-era Death Cab). The show finally ended, I managed to find my friends, and I left with them to spend the night in a chair at a high school friend's house.

Happy V-day people. I hope the one you love doesn't ever end it like this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

man, i don't know how to feel about these breakups.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

GOOD LORD. HE GOT ON AIM DURING SEX? GANGSSSSSTTTAAAAAAAAA!!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger shannon said...

this guy needs a swift kick in the crotch. seriously.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Billy Vidrine said...

Man, that was...sad. I really enjoyed (if enjoyed is the right word here) this series and look forward to more in this vein. But don't forget the media reviews, announcements, etc. I love that stuff too.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home