Wednesday, April 05, 2006

maybe a little weird, but here's a post for you

this has nothing to do with music, so forgive me. it's just a post about how i've had the worst day ever, which has culminated with my car (brand new, by the way, only four months old!) breaking down about 20 minutes from home as I was going back from work. So I'm stuck here in a brookshire's parking lot at 11 pm, waiting for my husband to come get me, and stealing a wireless internet signal to write this post (thank God for small miracles like wireless internet and airport on my mac) Now why can't i ever remember to change the oil in my car??? Somebody slap me, please.

I miss my friends. I have all of these awesome friends, some of whom write on this blog, many of whom read it. I wanted to tell you all how much i wish i saw you more often. I'd like to start trying to figure out a way to spend more time with you. If you're reading this, just know that i love you all.

thank you and goodnight.
-shannon

4 Comments:

Blogger Billy Vidrine said...

Aw, shit, Shannon, that stinks. I'm sorry yesterday was such a crapfest for you. Especially regarding the car. Cars are great until they crap out on you. Write back and let us know you got out of that parking lot safe and sound. And don't forget that you're a really cool lady with a lot of really cool stuff going on in her life. Oh, yeah and a lot of really cool friends who care about you a lot. And I don't even know you that well.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Noma said...

Despite that they say it must be changed every three thousand miles, it's completely fine to wait until six thousand. Or so I've heard. So don't worry about that part of your shitty day.

5:50 AM  
Blogger shannon said...

thanks bill and noma...you guys are awesome. I did indeed make it home, and got my car back this morning. Turns out the problem isn't my oil, so that's good (although i really need to change it!) Still don't know what the trouble is, but i guess I'll find out soon.
Reading my post again, i find it funny that my first paragraph was about how much my day sucked, but the second was all about how much i dig my friends. I'm glad I ended it on a positive note, because despite all the crap that life hands out, at least we have each other.... (haha, let the hippie lovefest begin) ;)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Billy Vidrine said...

Hug! Who's got the acid and love beads? Turn up the new David Gilmour album! Dance barefoot with me through this patch of daisies! Anybody for some free love? Huh?

Where's everyone going?

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home