Monday, December 12, 2005

Just Kinda Evil

Just to follow-up on the IMDB discussion board, as it lights up with weird debates about "Narnia", I wanted to share a few choice moments. I have highlighted my favorite moments. I love people.

NOLEY: Mr. Tumnus made my skin crawl! Roofie in tea, pipe playing, door-locking...and for Heaven's sake, put a tunic on.
MARG14: Good Lord he was a FAUN, not a man, he didn't need clothes. And this is officially the 189th thread about Mr. Tumnus being creepy. He is SUPPOSED to be a little off, since he is planning to kidnap Lucy and give her to the witch. Notice that there is nothing pervy about that, just kinda evil.

(Ed. Note - I just wanted to point out that Noley lists, among Mr. Tumnus' other creepy acts, PIPE PLAYING. )

CHRONICLESOFNARNIA: The little girl carried the film, British teeth and all.
RIMSY: BRITISH TEETH?! Those were little girl teeth, that's all. I guess in America, kids can go to the dentist and get perfect Hollywood teeth from as soon as they have teeth.
GUADALUPETHEGNOME1984: Agree or not, that's funny.
SHEELEYB: British people have teeth?

HIGHKINGXZ:
This just ocurred to me: why does Mr. Tumnus, a faun, have the torso of a man but the legs and horns of a faun whilst all the other animals (beavers, wolves, fox, etc...) actually look like animals?
JOHNATTRIDGE: Because a faun is a mythical creature.
POEBOY7: Fauns are pretend.

PONINGAVY24061:
I think that Mr. Tumnus and Lucy had a very good relationship. They're friendship was strong, that's the reason why he didn't turn her in to the Witch. No, he didn't lure her back to his home to molest her. He was doing the bidding of the White Witch and kidnapping her, but their friendship was strong and he helped her escape. I just... I dunno. I don't find Mr. Tumnus + Little Lucy cute... well, I kind of do, but I would never want them to get together when she's THAT young. I remember thinking to myself, "In 10 years they should get married." I really don't care that he's a faun and she's a human. what difference does that make? does it matter if a white woman loves a black man? does it matter if an asian person loves an iraqi man? no it doesn't, so why should it matter about this?

(Ed. Note - It is worth noting that Asian people and Iraqis are not pretend.)

So yeah, i'm not one of those stupid people who were like "see the way Mr. Tumnus is looking at Lucy? He's such a pervert!" HELL NO! I think, by the end of the movie, they've gained something deeper than friendship, but not that close to that kind of relationship... yet.


2 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

my favorite is the kat that thinks a faun is actually an animal. where i come from, we call them goats.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What in the actual heck.. Lmfao.. I thought it was creepyfor like one second. But im like nah. Ive watched this since i was young. They build a bond in which saves narnia. Is fiction. People!!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home