Thursday, December 29, 2005

a tree falling in the woods, with no one around to hear it

That's what writing on this blog can feel like.

If you're reading this, and you'd like to receive a mix CD from me celebrating my having survived the year 2005, just drop your name and contact info in the comments section. So far, it's got Jose Gonzales (seriously, this fellow is the best singer-songwriter I have heard in a long time), Giant Drag, the Rolling Stones, Cat Power, Hadda Brooks, Tubeway Army, just a bunch of stuff that makes me want to keep drawing breath despite the searing, white hot pains constantly running through my jaw.

Oral surgery next Tuesday, the fourth oral surgery I've had since I was 15. Anywho, free CD's?

8 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

anything your hand touches is golden:

sammy williams
701 green mountain dr. #1909
little rock, ar 72211

if you feel like mailing one of those suckas. and by the way, new midwest caravan album coming round about february.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Noma said...

I don't necessarily want a CD, but I appreciate your tree falling. I am in the woods. And your blog is only one of the ones I read that's bothered to fell a tree since this whole holiday thing happened. Thanks.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Billy Vidrine said...

Bill Dunn
1113 1/2 North 7th Street
Monroe, LA 71201

Remember, Chris: if you plant a seed of kindness a friendship flower may grow! Happy New Year!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Billy Vidrine said...

Jeez, I thought I never updated my blog! Where the deuce are you guys?

10:19 AM  
Blogger Billy Vidrine said...

For crying out loud, we are here, guys! We crave your input in our daily lives! We desire the comforting rapport you strike up with your readers! We miss you!

Also: where's my CD?

1:06 PM  
Blogger Noma said...

Are you all dead?

2:20 PM  
Blogger Billy Vidrine said...

I'm afraid so, Noma. They were all eaten by wild fawns (at least I hope they were eaten. You know how pervy fawns can be with their victims) I'll be playing Gunshy CDs tonight and crying over my dead Shreveport friends.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Billy Vidrine said...

Pass the whiskey!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home