Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm Ok with my decay.

I woke up in the morning
And they were gone


Many of you know my favorite band in the world is U2. Well, it might be harder for some of you to guess my second favorite. It's a few boys who love nature, and technology probably just as much as me. This past week, I got news that they broke up. Yes that's right, Grandaddy's giving up. It sounds like the most positive thing for the group, as their calling the ending "a gradual erosion" in typical nature minded style.

I have a long history with Grandaddy that I won't go into, except to say that I've loved them since high school, and they were one of the first songs I played on my radio show at KNWD 93.7 in Natchitoches, LA. Since then they've done more than just introduce me to the awesomeness of indie rock, but also super influenced my academic studies in looking at the intersections between ecology and technology

Pitchfork has an article. I wanted to share an MP3 of one of my favorite songs "The Crystal Lake", and it just so happens to be a very legal download at Epitonic.com, where I got most of my favorite tunes from.

RIP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home