Monday, February 20, 2006

WELCOME TO PLYMOUTH ROCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

On Friday night, I bought a large plastic hippo from Michael's Arts and Crafts supply. Sara and I were originally there looking for a small version of "Starry Night" that I could hang around my neck as a commentary on the comodification of art. Because I mean, Dipset has big chains, you have a Piet Modrian - what's the difference? Anyway, I did find the little starry night but then Sara pointed out this plastic hippo and I lost my mind. It looked PERFECT for a pendant. So I bought it, along with some little eyelets, and we picked up a gold chain from Clare's. I hooked the hippo onto the chain by screwing the eyelet into his back, breaking open some of the chain links and clamping them shut again. Then I took the whole think out behind the girl's dorm (you know my style, where else would I be on a Friday night?) and spraypainted with a paint called 24K. Let me just tell you something: This shit makes anything look like solid-ass gold. I want to spraypaint everything with it: the neighbor's cats, my rake, my hat, my hand...everything. My car! Anywho, that is the story of the pendant, also known as the coolest thing you have ever seen. I will be rocking it this Saturday night, February 25, at Java Junction, for the Great American Crossover 5. I have received commitment from P-Lew of the Pillage People, I think he'll be coming through to spit his bars from "Pirate Code," which is kind of nice on some old time's sakes shit. Be advised that this weekend might just melt your face: Great American Crossover, Big Positive and the Vidrines, Mardi Gras in Highland. Too much rock for one hand.

I would make sweet love to this plate of food, if only I could.




4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Jay said...

WELCOME TO PLYMOUTH ROCKKKKKKKKK

6:41 AM  
Blogger helen erpud said...

i love your chain... it IS art. and i know, i'm a horrible horrible fly girl. i got your message but it was too late. are you mad??

2:24 PM  
Blogger helen erpud said...

... and i'm not condoning having sex w/ a bowl of food, but if you do, i suggest wearing a condom.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Golden Hippo looks like something people would worship before Moses comes down with the 10 commandments

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home