Thursday, March 30, 2006

The First Black Astronaut

Just three quick thoughts:

1) I worked really, really hard to make sure this year's Louisiana Film Festival - Student Division would be great. So far, everything has gone swimmingly. However, I fear that no one will be attending to see the kids' movies. It begins tommorrow (Friday) at 4:30 in Kilpatrick Hall on the campus of Centenary College. These are all films created by K-12 kids. Saturday's film screenings, which will last from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, are the high school films. Honestly, they're the best. If you can attend those, please do. If you need directions, or you just want to holler at a committed-ass fool, call me: two seven two one six nine six.

2) I am writing my album right now, at a rate of about 16 bars a night. I am very happy with it so far. I was afraid that the Pillage People album was my lyrical apex, and this would be all downhill. But I seem to still have some fight in me.

3) Busdriver's "Fear of A Black Tangent" is the best "progressive" rap album I have heard since El-P's Fantastic Damage. If you've been as bored with hip-hop as I have been lately, holler at this album. I mean, I know the cool thing to listen to is Spank Rock, but that's kind of the obvious shit to rock, you know?

2 Comments:

Blogger helen erpud said...

i should check your blog more often... i would have liked to see the high schooler's films!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

you can use this line if you want, it's a little too risque for me to use in any of my music:

"Too scared of cocaine so I stick to Fun Dip, Scared of commitment so I stick to the outer lips."

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home